~ “Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.” ~
— Sigmund Freud
As mentioned in the post, Fucking Courts, court cards are one of the most controversial, as well as, confusing, overwhelming, and overall-stress-inducing modes of a Tarot Deck. Primarily, Court Cards either represent an aspect of us (the seeker) or someone within our lives, particularly someone upon whom we’ve ‘projected’ that part of our personality. However, they can also symbolize timing, qualities to embody, spiritual guides, and even events and situations coming into existence; thus making them all the more complicated to interpret.
The Court of Pentacles tend to be practical, grounded, solid, and weighted in this physical reality. They tend to be oriented towards work, goals, money, and the physical senses (especially touch). These are the sensualists who often like to garden, sculpt, and give and receive massages. These are also the builders and the doers on the planet; these folks often help establish businesses, cooperatives, foundations, and projects. They are loyal, headstrong, and literally down-to-earth people. Their practical nature can sometimes leave them a little too weighted, and they can get stuck in ruts and feel bogged down. They need a little stimulation and spark to get them out of their routines.
The following are a list of keywords for the Court of Pentacles. These keywords are not to be relied on as crutches, but as creative springboards for us to develop our own interpretation and understanding of not just each card, but the Court of Pentacles on its whole. And let’s face it, sometimes relating court cards with Celebrities does help.
- King of Pentacles
- Element: Air of Earth
- Astrology: Fixed Earth – Taurus
- Chart Position: 20 Aries to 20 Taurus
- Dates: April 11th to May 10th
- Qabalah: Tiphareth (Beauty) in Assiah (Body)
- First Decan: Venus in Aries – 4 of Wands – 20 Aries to 30 Aries
- Second Decan: Mercury in Taurus – 5 of Pentacles – 0 Taurus to 10 Taurus
- Third Decan: Moon in Taurus – 6 of Pentacles – 10 Taurus to 20 Taurus
- MBTI: ESFJ (Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging)
- KTS: The Provider
- Celebrity Examples: Al Pacino. George Clooney. Tom Welling. Enrique Iglesias. Sigmund Freud. Orson Wells. David Beckham.
- Positive Keywords: Self-Sufficient. Successful. Dependable. Realistic. Sensual.
- Negative Keywords: Stubborn. Lethargic. Philistine. Dogmatic. Miserly.
- Career Choices: Financier. Stockbroker. Investments. Real Estate. Wine. Insurance. Chef. Entertainers. Coaches and Trainers. Craftsman.
- Sport and Recreation: Weight-Lifting. Body Building. Football. Hiking. Camping. All things that test our endurance.
- Affirmation: At every turn opportunities appear before me. The Universe supports my every effort. .
- Queen of Pentacles
- Element: Water of Earth
- Astrology: Cardinal Earth – Capricorn
- Chart Position: 20 Sagittarius to 20 Capricorn
- Dates: December 13th to January 9th
- Qabalah: Binah (Understanding) in Assiah (Body)
- First Decan: Saturn in Sagittarius – 10 of Wands – 20 Sagittarius to 30 Capricorn
- Second Decan: Jupiter in Capricorn – 2 of Pentacles – 0 Capricorn to 10 Capricorn
- Third Decan: Mars in Capricorn – 3 of Pentacles – 10 Capricorn to 20 Capricorn
- MBTI: ISFJ (Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging)
- KTS: The Protector
- Celebrity Examples: Gypsy Rose Lee. Ava Gardner. Kristin Kreuk. Dame Maggie Smith. Marlene Dietrich. Susan Lucci. Pat Benatar.
- Positive Keywords: Generous. Perseverance. Prosperity. Fertility. Sensibility.
- Negative Keywords: Materialistic. Narrow. Hardened. Rigid. Conformity.
- Career Choices: Banking and Finance. Bureaucracy. Administration. University Professors. Sculptors. Legal and Technical Work. Healers. Nursing/Caretaking. Retail and Luxury Goods.
- Sport & Recreation: Hatha Yoga. Walking. Golf. Swimming. Rock Climbing. All things that require patience and strengthen self-discipline.
- Affirmation: My abundant thoughts and actions lead in the perfect direction of my desires.
- Knight of Pentacles
- Element: Fire of Earth
- Astrology: Mutable Earth – Virgo
- Chart Position: 20 Leo to 20 Virgo
- Dates: August 12th to September 11th
- Qabalah: Chokmah (Wisdom) in Assiah (Body)
- First Decan: Mars in Leo – 7 of Wands – 20 Leo to 30 Leo
- Second Decan: Sun in Virgo – 8 of Pentacles – 0 Virgo to 10 Virgo
- Third Decan: Venus in Virgo – 9 of Pentacles – 10 Virgo to 20 Virgo
- MBTI: ESFP (Extraverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving)
- KTS: The Performer
- Celebrity Examples: Andrea Bocelli. Hugh Grant. Elvis Costello. Richard Gere. Andy Roddick. Sean Connery. Freddie Mercury.
- Positive Keywords: Practical. Purposeful. Responsible. Skillful. Pragmatic.
- Negative Keywords: Impatience. Insensitivity. Arrogant. Cynical. Intolerant.
- Career Choices: Accountants. Doctors. Mathematician. Merchandising. Hospitality/Hotel Management. Horticulturalist. Landscape Artists. Civil Servants. Editors. Dietician/Nutritionist.
- Sport and Recreation: Biking. Jogging. Aerobics. Calisthenics. Martial Arts. All things that are simple, minimalistic, and have maximum impact.
- Affirmation: I am one with my body and one with nature.
- Page of Pentacles
- Element: Earth of Earth
- Astrology: The Aries/Taurus/Gemini Quadrant of the Zodiac
- Chart Position: 0 Aries to 30 Gemini
- Dates: March 21st to June 20th
- Qabalah: Malkuth (Kingdom) in Assiah (Body)
- MBTI: ISFP (Introverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving)
- KTS: The Composer
- Celebrity Examples: Lea Michele. Cory Montieth. Jenna Ushkowitz. Dianna Agron. Andrew Lawrence. Jessica Alba. Hunter Parrish.
- Positive Keywords: Watchful. Secure. Fascinated. Diligent. Loving.
- Negative Keywords: Coveting. Critical. Hedonism. Neurotic. Obsessive.
- Career Choices: Domestics. Elementary Education. Students. Bookkeeper. Secretary/Executive Assistants. Archivist. Librarian. Animal Trainer. Financial Speculator. Child-Care.
- Sport & Recreation: Hatha Yoga. Camping. Rock Climbing. Swimming. Pilates. All things that bust stress and help connect with nature.
- Affirmation: I listen to my body and follow its advice, for the wisdom within holds the key to all healing.
Hope you all enjoyed the Keywords for the Court of Pentacles.
Love and Blessings