Posted in Astrology, Keywords, Zodiac Signs, tagged 5 of Pentacles, 6 of Pentacles, 7 of Pentacles, Astrology, Earth, Fixed, King of Pentacles, Knight of Swords, Mars, Moon, Pluto, Taurus, The Hierophant, Venus, Zodiac Sign on June 19, 2010|
8 Comments »
~ “If you really want something you can figure out how to make it happen” ~
April 21 – May 21
A sharp contrast from Aries, those born under the sign of Taurus, the second sign of the zodiac, are steadfast, stable, and conventional in outlook. One of the most reliable and charming signs of the zodiac, they possess an ability to inspire confidence in others, and impress everyone with their genuine sincerity. Although they rarely lose their tempers, once roused, their rage knows no bounds. This can cause them to hold on to a lot of resentment, which can be overcome by learning to be a little more magnanimous (accepting) in life. Lovers of luxury and the ‘good life,’ they are blessed with natural good tastes, preferring classical conventional styles to funky new fads that are ever changing. Although known to be stubborn and lazy, Taurus needs to keep a healthy balance between working hard to afford the lifestyle he desires and pursuing indulgent hobbies of leisure.
Taurus - The Bull
- Motto: I have
- Element: Earth
- Modality: Fixed (Organizers)
- Gender: Feminine/Yin
- Polarity: Negative
- Duality: Night
- Soul: Toddler
- Ages: 7 – 14
- Season: Spring
- Direction: South by East
- Color: Green, Pale Blue, and Pink
- Metal: Copper
- Stone: Emerald
- Trees: Almond, Apple, Ash, Cyprus, Fig, Pear, Vine
- Herbs: Alder, Artichoke, Brambles, Cloves, Columbine, Daisy, Elder, Foxglove, Marshmallow, Mint, Poppy, Primula, Rose, Sorrel, Violet
- Foods: Cereals (particularly wheat), Apples, Berries, Grapes, Pears, Spices
- Countries: Capri, Cyprus, Egypt, Greek Islands, Iran, Ireland, Switzerland
- Cities: Bologna, Dublin, Eastbourne, Hastings, Leipzig, Lucerne, Mantua, Palermo, St. Louis
- Affirmation: I can create the life of my dreams. I give thanks for everything I have achieved.
- Ruling: Venus
- Exalted: Moon
- Detriment: Mars (classical)/Pluto (Modern)
- Fall: Part of Fortune
- Esoteric Ruler: Vulcan
- First Decan: Mercury
- Second Decan: Moon
- Third Decan: Saturn
- First Decan: Venus
- Second Decan: Mercury
- Third Decan: Saturn
TAROT & QABALAH
The Hierophant - Aleister Crowley Thoth Tarot
- Major Arcana: The Hierophant
- Minor Arcana: 5 of Pentacles, 6 of Pentacles, 7 of Pentacles
- Court Card: King of Pentacles; Knight of Swords
- Hebrew Letter: Vau (Nail)
- Path: 16 – (Triumphal or Eternal One)
- Sephiras: Chokmah (Wisdom) – Chesed (Mercy)
- Qliphotic Name: Admiron (The Bloody Ones)
- Calendar: Sivah
- Magical Power: The Secret of Physical Strength
- Magical Weapon: The Labour of Preparation [The Throne and Altar]
- Hierarchy: Teraphim
- Order of the Blessed Spirits: Cherubim
- 12 Degrees of Damned: Lying Spirits
BODY, MIND, and SOUL
- External: Neck and Throat
- Internal: Gullet, Larynx, Cerebellum
- Structural: Bones of the Neck
- Notable Features: Strong Neck and Shoulders (often a stoop). Pensive Brows. Full Lips and Nostrils. Curling or Wavy Hair. Full Forehead. Heavy Jaws.
- Positive Traits: Purposeful. Patient. Steadfastness. Conviction.
- Negative Traits: Obstinacy. Prejudice, Unreasonableness. Possessiveness.
- Karmic Lessons: To let go gracefully.
- Karmic Strengths: Strong ethics, with the ability to endure and see things through.
- Karmic Goal: A slow and steady evolution and development of inner security, and a sense of being unshakably rooted in a piece of eternity within one’s Self.
The Three Charities - Thalia (Abundance), Euphrosyne (Joy), and Aglaia (Glory)
- Biblical Reference: The Judge (John 5:22)
- Apostle: Simon
- Prophet: Haggai
- Archangel: Asmodeus
- Angel: Araziel
- Evangelist: Luke
- Tribe of Israel: Ephraim
- African and Haitian: Yemaya Ataramagwa Sarabbi Olokun; Babalu-Aye
- Celtic/Welsh: Ceridwen; Cernunnos
- China: Kuan-Yin; Lu Hsing
- Egypt: Heqit, Hapi
- Greece: The Three Charities – Thalia, Euphrosyne, Aglaia; Boreas
- India: Gauri; Kuvera
- Japan: Benzaiten; Bishamon
- Native and Latin America: Chantico; Pachacamac
- Nordic/Germanic: Nehallennia; Freyr
- Oceania: Humea; Tane
- Roman: Ops; Bonus
- Men: Al Pacino, Andre Agassi, Bono, Channing Tatum, Cory Monteith, Daniel Day-Lewis, David Beckham, David Boreanaz, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Enrique Iglesias, Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, George Clooney, Gabriel Byrne, Harvey Keitel, Henry Cavill, Henry Fonda, Jack Nicholson, Jerry Seinfeld, Jay Leno, Liberace, Niccolo Machiavelli, Piotr Tchaikovsky, Pierce Brosnan, Robert Pattinson, Salvador Dali, Sigmund Freud, Stephen Colbert, Stevie Wonder, Tom Welling
- Women: Audrey Hepburn, Barbra Streisand, Bea Arthur, Candice Bergen, Carol Burnett, Carolyn Jones, Cate Blanchett, Cher, Cloris Leachman, Enya, Eva Peron, Florence Nightingale, Janet Jackson, Jessica Lange, Joanna Lumley, Julie Benz, Katherine Hepburn, Laetitia Casta, Megan Fox, Michelle Pfeiffer, Natasha Richardson, Nora Ephron, Patti LuPone, Penelope Cruz, Queen Elizabeth II, Rene Zellweger, Shirley MacLaine, Shirley Temple, Tina Fey, Uma Thurman
Read Full Post »
Posted in Astrology, Keywords, Zodiac Signs, tagged 2 of Wands, 3 of Wands, 4 of Wands, Aries, Ascendant, Cardinal, Fire, Jupiter, Keywords, King of Pentacles, Mars, Mercury, Queen of Wands, Sun, The Emperor, Venus on January 2, 2010|
6 Comments »
~ “From the moment I was six I felt sexy. And let me tell you it was hell, sheer hell, waiting to do something about it.” ~
– Bette Davis
ARIES – The Ram
March 21 to April 20
As Aries is the first sign of the zodiac, those born under this sign are born leaders with a natural positive and enthusiastic energy that allows their aura’s to shimmer in a dazzling ruby shine. Lovers of life in the fast lane, Ariens possess a high physical energy level, which they need to express without any bounds. However it’s important for them to realize that there is a world of a difference between ‘aggression’ and ‘assertion’, the later being a more constructive way of releasing excessive energy. Their high ambitions and ideals often allow them to become pioneers in their respective fields, forever willing to take on every challenge head-on, for Aries knows no fear, and never shies away from achieving their biggest and wildest dreams.
Aries - The Ram
- Motto: I am
- Element: Fire
- Modality: Cardinal (Leaders)
- Gender: Masculine/Yang
- Polarity: Positive
- Duality: Day
- Soul: Infant
- Ages: 0 – 7
- Nature: Bestial/Violent
- Season: Spring
- Direction: East
- Color: Red
- Metal: Iron
- Stone: Bloodstone
- Trees: Holly, Fir, All Thorn-Bearing Trees and Bushes
- Herbs: Arnica, Bayberry, Broom, Bryony, Furze, Honeysuckle, Hops, Geranium, Juniper, Leeks, Milk, Thistle, Mustard, Nettle, Onions, Peppermint, Rhubarb, Tobacco, Witch Hazel
- Foods: Beer, Leeks, Onion, Tomatoes, Most Strong Tasting Foods
- Countries: England, Germany, France, Sweden, Poland, Denmark, Japan, Syria
- Cities: Birmingham, Brunswick, Florence, Naples, Marseilles, Krakow, Leicester, Verona
- Affirmation: I am achievement. I have the power to translate my dreams into reality.
- Planetary Dignity:-
- Ruling: Mars
- Exalted: Sun
- Detriment: Venus
- Fall: Saturn (classical)/Uranus (Modern)
- Esoteric Ruler: Mercury
- Classical Decans:–
- First Decan: Mars
- Second Decan: Sun
- Third Decan: Venus
- Modern Decans:–
- First Decan: Mars
- Second Decan: Sun
- Third Decan: Jupiter
TAROT & QABALAH
The Emperor - Aleister Crowley Thoth Tarot
- Tarot Correspondence:–
- Major Arcana: The Emperor
- Minor Arcana: 2 of Wands, 3 of Wands, 4 of Wands
- Court Card: Queen of Wands; King of Pentacles
- Hebrew Letter: He (Window)
- Path: 15 – Constituting Intelligence
- Sephiras: Chokmah (Wisdom) – Tiphareth (Beauty)
- Qliphotic Name: Da’Airiron (The Flock)
- Calendar: Ayar
- Magical Power: Consecrating Things
- Magical Weapon: Horns, Bruin, Energy
- Hierarchy: Xeophim
- Order of the Blessed Spirits: Seraphim
- 12 Degrees of Damned: False Gods
BODY, MIND, and SOUL
- External: Head and Face
- Internal: Brain
- Structural: Cranium and Facial Bones
- Notable Features: Long Neck. Bony or Angular face. Broad Temples. Narrow Chin. Crisp or Wiry Hair. Generally a distinctive mark on the face (a scar or a mole or a birthmark).
- Positive Traits: Innocence. Wonder. Faith. Enthusiasm. Raw Courage.
- Negative Traits: Selfishness. Egotistical. Thoughtlessness. Impulsive. Reckless.
- Karmic Lessons: To find and to assert one’s Self.
- Karmic Strengths: Tremendous courage and the ability to get things moving.
- Karmic Goal: Becoming aware of the Self and initiating and being spontaneous without ignoring the needs of others.
Ares - God of War
- Biblical Reference: The Crowned Ram (Revelations 5:6)
- Apostle: Matthias
- Prophet: Malachi
- Archangel: Malchidial
- Angel: Sharhiel
- Evangelist: Mark
- Tribe of Israel: Gad
- African and Haitian: Oshun, Chango
- Celtic/Welsh: Macha, Llew
- China: Tien-Hou, Kuan Ti
- Egypt: Neith, Horus
- Greece: Athena, Ares
- India: Durga, Agni, Shiva
- Japan: Amaterasu, Bishamon
- Native and Latin America: Huitzilopochtli, Catequil
- Nordic/Germanic: Alaisiagae, Freyr
- Oceania: Pele, Oro
- Roman: Minerva, Mars
- Men: Adrien Brody, Alec Baldwin, Andy Garcia, Charlie Chaplin, Christopher Walken, Conan O’Brien, David Letterman, Dennis Quaid, Dudley Moore, Eddie Murphy, Elton John, Eric Clapton, Ewan McGregor, Casanova, Gregory Peck, Harry Houdini, Heath Ledger, Hugh Hefner, Jackie Chan, John Sebastian Bach, John Schneider, JP Morgan, Marlon Brando, Omar Sharif, Quentin Tarantino, Robert Downey Jr., Russell Crowe, Steve McQueen, Timothy Dalton, Warren Beatty
- Women: Amanda Bynes, Aretha Franklin, Ashley Judd, Bette Davis, Celine Dion, Debbie Reynolds, Diana Ross, Doris Day, Elizabeth Montgomery, Gloria Steinem, Jayne Mansfield, Jennifer Garner, Joan Crawford, Julia Stiles, Julie Christie, Kate Hudson, Keira Knightley, Lady Gaga, Linda Goodman, Lucy Lawless, Mandy Moore, Marcia Cross, Mariah Carey, Reese Witherspoon, Rosie O’Donnell, Sarah Jessica Parker, Selena, Shirley Jones, Simone Signoret, Virginia Grey
Read Full Post »
Posted in Court Cards, Keywords, Minor Arcana, Tarot, tagged Court Cards, Earth, Keywords, King of Pentacles, Knight of Pentacles, Minor Arcana, Page of Pentacles, Pentacles, Queen of Pentacles, Tarot on December 22, 2009|
4 Comments »
~ “Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.” ~
— Sigmund Freud
As mentioned in the post, Fucking Courts, court cards are one of the most controversial, as well as, confusing, overwhelming, and overall-stress-inducing modes of a Tarot Deck. Primarily, Court Cards either represent an aspect of us (the seeker) or someone within our lives, particularly someone upon whom we’ve ‘projected’ that part of our personality. However, they can also symbolize timing, qualities to embody, spiritual guides, and even events and situations coming into existence; thus making them all the more complicated to interpret.
The Court of Pentacles tend to be practical, grounded, solid, and weighted in this physical reality. They tend to be oriented towards work, goals, money, and the physical senses (especially touch). These are the sensualists who often like to garden, sculpt, and give and receive massages. These are also the builders and the doers on the planet; these folks often help establish businesses, cooperatives, foundations, and projects. They are loyal, headstrong, and literally down-to-earth people. Their practical nature can sometimes leave them a little too weighted, and they can get stuck in ruts and feel bogged down. They need a little stimulation and spark to get them out of their routines.
The following are a list of keywords for the Court of Pentacles. These keywords are not to be relied on as crutches, but as creative springboards for us to develop our own interpretation and understanding of not just each card, but the Court of Pentacles on its whole. And let’s face it, sometimes relating court cards with Celebrities does help.
George Clooney - King of Pentacles
- Element: Air of Earth
- Astrology: Fixed Earth – Taurus
- Chart Position: 20 Aries to 20 Taurus
- Dates: April 11th to May 10th
- Qabalah: Tiphareth (Beauty) in Assiah (Body)
- First Decan: Venus in Aries – 4 of Wands – 20 Aries to 30 Aries
- Second Decan: Mercury in Taurus – 5 of Pentacles – 0 Taurus to 10 Taurus
- Third Decan: Moon in Taurus – 6 of Pentacles – 10 Taurus to 20 Taurus
- MBTI: ESFJ (Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging)
- KTS: The Provider
- Celebrity Examples: Al Pacino. George Clooney. Tom Welling. Enrique Iglesias. Sigmund Freud. Orson Wells. David Beckham.
- Positive Keywords: Self-Sufficient. Successful. Dependable. Realistic. Sensual.
- Negative Keywords: Stubborn. Lethargic. Philistine. Dogmatic. Miserly.
- Career Choices: Financier. Stockbroker. Investments. Real Estate. Wine. Insurance. Chef. Entertainers. Coaches and Trainers. Craftsman.
- Sport and Recreation: Weight-Lifting. Body Building. Football. Hiking. Camping. All things that test our endurance.
- Affirmation: At every turn opportunities appear before me. The Universe supports my every effort. .
Marlene Dietrich - Queen of Pentacles
- Element: Water of Earth
- Astrology: Cardinal Earth – Capricorn
- Chart Position: 20 Sagittarius to 20 Capricorn
- Dates: December 13th to January 9th
- Qabalah: Binah (Understanding) in Assiah (Body)
- First Decan: Saturn in Sagittarius – 10 of Wands – 20 Sagittarius to 30 Capricorn
- Second Decan: Jupiter in Capricorn – 2 of Pentacles – 0 Capricorn to 10 Capricorn
- Third Decan: Mars in Capricorn – 3 of Pentacles – 10 Capricorn to 20 Capricorn
- MBTI: ISFJ (Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging)
- KTS: The Protector
- Celebrity Examples: Gypsy Rose Lee. Ava Gardner. Kristin Kreuk. Dame Maggie Smith. Marlene Dietrich. Susan Lucci. Pat Benatar.
- Positive Keywords: Generous. Perseverance. Prosperity. Fertility. Sensibility.
- Negative Keywords: Materialistic. Narrow. Hardened. Rigid. Conformity.
- Career Choices: Banking and Finance. Bureaucracy. Administration. University Professors. Sculptors. Legal and Technical Work. Healers. Nursing/Caretaking. Retail and Luxury Goods.
- Sport & Recreation: Hatha Yoga. Walking. Golf. Swimming. Rock Climbing. All things that require patience and strengthen self-discipline.
- Affirmation: My abundant thoughts and actions lead in the perfect direction of my desires.
Hugh Grant - Knight of Pentacles
- Element: Fire of Earth
- Astrology: Mutable Earth – Virgo
- Chart Position: 20 Leo to 20 Virgo
- Dates: August 12th to September 11th
- Qabalah: Chokmah (Wisdom) in Assiah (Body)
- First Decan: Mars in Leo – 7 of Wands – 20 Leo to 30 Leo
- Second Decan: Sun in Virgo – 8 of Pentacles – 0 Virgo to 10 Virgo
- Third Decan: Venus in Virgo – 9 of Pentacles – 10 Virgo to 20 Virgo
- MBTI: ESFP (Extraverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving)
- KTS: The Performer
- Celebrity Examples: Andrea Bocelli. Hugh Grant. Elvis Costello. Richard Gere. Andy Roddick. Sean Connery. Freddie Mercury.
- Positive Keywords: Practical. Purposeful. Responsible. Skillful. Pragmatic.
- Negative Keywords: Impatience. Insensitivity. Arrogant. Cynical. Intolerant.
- Career Choices: Accountants. Doctors. Mathematician. Merchandising. Hospitality/Hotel Management. Horticulturalist. Landscape Artists. Civil Servants. Editors. Dietician/Nutritionist.
- Sport and Recreation: Biking. Jogging. Aerobics. Calisthenics. Martial Arts. All things that are simple, minimalistic, and have maximum impact.
- Affirmation: I am one with my body and one with nature.
Lea Michele - Page of Pentacles
- Element: Earth of Earth
- Astrology: The Aries/Taurus/Gemini Quadrant of the Zodiac
- Chart Position: 0 Aries to 30 Gemini
- Dates: March 21st to June 20th
- Qabalah: Malkuth (Kingdom) in Assiah (Body)
- MBTI: ISFP (Introverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving)
- KTS: The Composer
- Celebrity Examples: Lea Michele. Cory Montieth. Jenna Ushkowitz. Dianna Agron. Andrew Lawrence. Jessica Alba. Hunter Parrish.
- Positive Keywords: Watchful. Secure. Fascinated. Diligent. Loving.
- Negative Keywords: Coveting. Critical. Hedonism. Neurotic. Obsessive.
- Career Choices: Domestics. Elementary Education. Students. Bookkeeper. Secretary/Executive Assistants. Archivist. Librarian. Animal Trainer. Financial Speculator. Child-Care.
- Sport & Recreation: Hatha Yoga. Camping. Rock Climbing. Swimming. Pilates. All things that bust stress and help connect with nature.
- Affirmation: I listen to my body and follow its advice, for the wisdom within holds the key to all healing.
Hope you all enjoyed the Keywords for the Court of Pentacles.
Love and Blessings
Read Full Post »