~ “I am tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch. Okay” ~
As mentioned in the post, Fucking Courts, court cards are one of the most controversial, as well as, confusing, overwhelming, and overall-stress-inducing modes of a Tarot Deck. Primarily, Court Cards either represent an aspect of us (the seeker) or someone within our lives, particularly someone upon whom we’ve ‘projected’ that part of our personality. However, they can also symbolize timing, qualities to embody, spiritual guides, and even events and situations coming into existence; thus making them all the more complicated to interpret.
The Court of Wands tend to be robust, creative, expressive and dynamic individuals. There is a spark to these people, and they are often the initiators and the visionaries in our environment. They have an almost childlike desire to be admired and appreciated and may wither if they are not given love and attention. In a way, they channel the heat and essential divine sparks of life, and their prime objective is to direct this energy in creative, and not destructive manners. If the latter, then they end up becoming childish, petulant, and argumentative; leading them to be egotistical, bratty, and excessively domineering.
The following are a list of keywords for the Court of Wands. These keywords are not to be relied on as crutches, but as creative springboards for us to develop our own interpretation and understanding of not just each card, but the Court of Wands on its whole. And let’s face it, sometimes relating court cards with Celebrities does help.
- King of Wands
- Element: Air of Fire
- Astrology: Fixed Fire – Leo
- Chart Position: 20 Cancer to 20 Leo
- Dates: July 12th to August 11th
- Qabalah: Tiphareth (Beauty) in Atziluth (Spirit)
- First Decan: Moon in Cancer – 4 of Cups – 20 Cancer to 30 Cancer
- Second Decan: Saturn in Leo – 5 of Wands – 0 Leo to 10 Leo
- Third Decan: Jupiter in Leo – 6 of Wands – 10 Leo to 20 Leo
- MBTI: ENTJ (Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging)
- KTS: The Fieldmarshal
- Celebrity Examples: Ben Affleck. Edward Norton. Antonio Banderas. Eric Bana. Dustin Hoffman. Barack Obama. Julian McMahon.
- Positive Keywords: Warmth. Generosity. Nobility. Strength. Leadership.
- Negative Keywords: Arrogance. Vanity. Tyranny. Haughtiness. Egotism.
- Career Choices: Actor. Entrepreneur. Cardiologist. Director. General Manager. Master of Ceremonies/Host. Publicist. Marketer. Spokesperson. Politician. Professor.
- Sport and Recreation: Cardio. Boxing. Martial Arts. Tennis. Basketball. As long as it’s rigorous and they can show off that they can do it best.
- Affirmation: My Will is Strong. My Heart is Big. I win the world with generosity and humility.
- Queen of Wands
- Element: Water of Fire
- Astrology: Cardinal Fire – Aries
- Chart Position: 20 Pisces to 20 Aries
- Dates: March 11th to April 10th
- Qabalah: Binah (Understanding) in Atziluth (Spirit)
- First Decan: Mars in Pisces – 10 of Cups – 20 Pisces to 30 Pisces
- Second Decan: Mars in Aries – 2 of Wands – 0 Aries to 10 Aries
- Third Decan: Sun in Aries – 3 of Wands – 10 Aries to 20 Aries
- MBTI: INTJ (Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging)
- KTS: The Mastermind
- Celebrity Examples: Reese Witherspoon. Sarah Jessica Parker. Fergie. Rosie O’Donnell. Kiera Knightley. Bette Davis. Joan Crawford.
- Positive Keywords: Ambition. Popularity. Passion. Vivacity. Independence.
- Negative Keywords: Selfishness. Thoughtlessness. Self-Centered. Ruthlessness. Jealousy.
- Career Choices: Entrepreneur. Dentist. Entertainer. Hairstylist. Make-Up Artist. Producer. Ophthalmologist. Neurologist. Performance Artist. Pro-Athlete.
- Sport & Recreation: Running. Spinning. Strip-aerobics. Dancing (especially Salsa). Aerobics. All things that make them burn out and feel hot after showering;
- Affirmation: The divine spark within me is powerful enough to illuminate the world with love.
- Knight of Wands
- Element: Fire of Fire
- Astrology: Mutable Fire – Sagittarius
- Chart Position: 20 Scorpio to 20 Sagittarius
- Dates: November 13th to December 12th
- Qabalah: Chokmah (Wisdom) in Atziluth (Spirit)
- First Decan: Venus in Scorpio – 7 of Cups – 20 Scorpio to 30 Scorpio
- Second Decan: Mercury in Sagittarius – 8 of Wands – 0 Sagittarius to 10 Sagittarius
- Third Decan: Moon in Sagittarius – 9 of Wands – 10 Sagittarius to 20 Sagittarius
- MBTI: ENTP (Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving)
- KTS: The Inventor
- Celebrity Examples: Jake Gyllenhaal. Ben Stiller. Billy Idol. Brendan Fraser. Dick Clark. Jeff Bridges. John Kennedy Jr.
- Positive Keywords: Confidence. Vision. Spontaneous. Dynamic. Enthusiastic.
- Negative Keywords: Unfocused. Unpredictable. Destructive. Seething. Callous.
- Career Choices: Writer. Crusader. Lecturer. Salesman. Pro-Athlete. Race Car Driver. Paramedic. Cowboy. Union Leader. Journalist. Explorer.
- Sport and Recreation: Skydiving. Rock climbing. Hiking. Racing. Horse riding. All forms of competitive and extreme sport that’s outdoors.
- Affirmation: I explore the world with courage and strength, illuminating the darkest areas with the divine light within me.
- Page of Wands
- Element: Earth of Fire
- Astrology: The Cancer/Leo/Virgo Quadrant of the Zodiac
- Chart Position: 0 Cancer to 30 Virgo
- Dates: June 21st to September 22nd
- Qabalah: Malkuth (Kingdom) in Atziluth (Spirit)
- MBTI: INTP (Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving)
- KTS: The Architect
- Celebrity Examples: Frankie Muniz. Miley Cyrus. Joe Jonas. Demi Lovato. Rumer Willis. Dylan and Cole Sprouse.
- Positive Keywords: Daring. Optimistic. Exciting. Resourceful. Cheerful.
- Negative Keywords: Rashness. Dismissive. Curt. Braggart. Prima Donna.
- Career Choices: Student. Apprentice. Journalist. Fame-ho. Amateur Athlete. Talent Show Junkie. Star-Child.
- Sport & Recreation: Jazzercise. Spinning. Beach Volleyball. Martial Arts. Soccer. Anything to work up a sweat and tire them out.
- Affirmation: The more I learn, the more I grow, the more the divine spark within me burns.
Hope you enjoyed the Keywords for the Court of Wands.
Love and Blessings