~ “To talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop” ~
— Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
As mentioned in the post, Fucking Courts, court cards are one of the most controversial, as well as, confusing, overwhelming, and overall-stress-inducing modes of a Tarot Deck. Primarily, Court Cards either represent an aspect of us (the seeker) or someone within our lives, particularly someone upon whom we’ve ‘projected’ that part of our personality. However, they can also symbolize timing, qualities to embody, spiritual guides, and even events and situations coming into existence; thus making them all the more complicated to interpret.
The Court of Swords are often associated with the mental realm. These are the thinkers, the talkers, and the socialites in our midst. They tend to be more detached and objective in their association with the world and can often seem both friendly and distant. They have a great capacity to draw groups of people together and often tend to know ‘everyone’ due to their love of connection and interaction. However, whenever there is an overemphasis on the thinking and talking function, the Court of Swords find it all the more difficult to reach deeper levels of emotional sensitivity.
The following are a list of keywords for the Court of Swords. These keywords are not to be relied on as crutches, but as creative springboards for us to develop our own interpretation and understanding of not just each card, but the Court of Swords on its whole. And let’s face it, sometimes relating court cards with Celebrities does help.
- King of Swords
- Element: Air of Air
- Astrology: Fixed Air – Aquarius
- Chart Position: 20 Capricorn to 20 Aquarius
- Dates: January 10th to February 8th
- Qabalah: Tiphareth (Beauty) in Yetzirah (Mind)
- First Decan: Sun in Capricorn – 4 of Pentacles – 20 Capricorn to 30 Capricorn
- Second Decan: Venus in Aquarius – 5 of Swords – 0 Aquarius to 10 Aquarius
- Third Decan: Mercury in Aquarius – 6 of Swords – 10 Aquarius to 20 Aquarius
- MBTI: ESTJ (Extraverted Sensing Thinking Judging)
- KTS: The Supervisor
- Celebrity Examples: Christian Bale. Tom Selleck. Richard Dean Anderson. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Thomas Edison. Paul Newman. Clark Gable.
- Positive Keywords: Precision. Rationality. Articulation. Ethical. Discerning.
- Negative Keywords: Overly Critical. Dictatorial. Severity. Sadism. Ruthlessness.
- Career Choices: Judge. Technical Writer. Lawyer. Diplomat. Intelligence Services. Anthropology. Professor. Scientist. Research & Development. Surgeon. Environmentalist/Humanitarian.
- Sport and Recreation: Ice-Skating. Parachuting. Gliding. Deep Sea Diving. Svaroopa Yoga. All things that allow them to feel free and unrestricted.
- Affirmation: I live up to my ideals with love and with joy. I confidently stand up for what I truly believe.
- Queen of Swords
- Element: Water of Air
- Astrology: Cardinal Air – Libra
- Chart Position: 20 Virgo to 20 Libra
- Dates: September 12th to October 12th
- Qabalah: Binah (Understanding) in Yetzirah (Mind)
- First Decan: Mercury in Virgo – 10 of Pentacles – 20 Virgo to 30 Virgo
- Second Decan: Moon in Libra – 2 of Swords – 0 Libra to 10 Libra
- Third Decan: Saturn in Libra – 3 of Swords – 10 Libra to 20 Libra
- MBTI: ISTJ (Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging)
- KTS: The Inspector
- Celebrity Examples: Barbara Walters. Sigourney Weaver. Heather Locklear. Olivia Newton-John. Julie Andrews. Kelly Rippa. Susan Sarandon.
- Positive Keywords: Strong Willed. Frankness. Independence. Observant. Self-Disciplined.
- Negative Keywords: Bitchy. Hypercritical. Vindictive. Hurtful. Dismissive.
- Career Choices: Academician. Conceptualizer. Writer. Negotiator. Editor. Physicist. Aesthetician. Economist. Scientist. Department Store Buyer.
- Sport & Recreation: Tennis. Dancing. Kripalu Yoga. Aerobics. Pilates. All things that can be done in groups or with a partner.
- Affirmation: I am balanced and harmonized with life, and am safe and secure in my expression of love.
- Knight of Swords
- Element: Fire of Air
- Astrology: Mutable Air – Gemini
- Chart Position: 20 Taurus to 20 Gemini
- Dates: May 11th to June 10th
- Qabalah: Chokmah (Wisdom) in Yetzirah (Mind)
- First Decan: Saturn in Taurus – 7 of Pentacles – 20 Taurus to 30 Taurus
- Second Decan: Jupiter in Gemini – 8 of Swords – 0 Gemini to 10 Gemini
- Third Decan: Mars in Gemini – 9 of Swords – 10 Gemini to 20 Gemini
- MBTI: ESTP (Extraverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving)
- KTS: The Promoter
- Celebrity Examples: Anderson Cooper. Pete Wentz. Zachary Quinto. Liam Neeson. Laurence Olivier. Mike Myers. Wentworth Miller.
- Positive Keywords: Analytical. Quick-Witted. Sharp-Minded. Mental Stimulation. Skillful.
- Negative Keywords: Impatience. Insensitivity. Arrogant. Cynical. Intolerant.
- Career Choices: Copywriter. Marketing/Sales. Concierge. Debater. Illustrator. Journalist. Linguist. Information Technology. Analyst.
- Sport and Recreation: Running. Squash. Cycling/Spinning. Skiing. Rollerblading. Anything that’s playful, exciting, and gives them a thrill.
- Affirmation: I boldly express myself in a unique and creative manner.
- Page of Swords
- Element: Earth of Air
- Astrology: The Capricorn/Aquarius/Pisces Quadrant of the Zodiac
- Chart Position: 0 Capricorn to 30 Pisces
- Dates: September 23rd to November 22nd
- Qabalah: Malkuth (Kingdom) in Yetzirah (Mind)
- MBTI: ISTP (Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving)
- KTS: The Crafter
- Celebrity Examples: Taylor Lautner. Mischa Barton. Natalie Portman. Paris Hilton. Ashlee Simpson. Elijah Wood. Shia LaBeouf.
- Positive Keywords: Clever. Vigilant. Objective. Practical. Alertness.
- Negative Keywords: Gossip. Defensive. Scathing. Sneaky. Caustic.
- Career Choices: Student of Law, Science, Anthropology, and Medicine. Computer Programmer. Dispatcher. Telemarketer. Receptionist. Mail Carrier. Playwright. Orator. Driver.
- Sport & Recreation: Dancing. Gymnastics. Martial Arts. Chess. Tai Chi. Anything that helps them balance their mind, body, and soul.
- Affirmation: I handle all ideas with love and with ease.
Hope you enjoyed the Keywords for the Court of Swords.
Love and Blessings